Man Crush Monday: Aziz Ansari
1) He’s hilarious. There’s nothing sexier than a good sense of humor. His stand-up is great–lately, he’s been doing a lot around dating in today’s world but I also always enjoyed his bits about his cousin Harris. His stories about Kanye West, especially, are amazing:
2) Master of None was such a good show (that I could relate to on a whole ‘nother level, as I’m a first generation Taiwanese American)–funny, heartbreaking, and it perfectly captures the experience of being in your late twenties, early thirties in a big city. The “Parents” episode, in particular, struck home for me:
3) He has an obsessive appreciation for food (especially pasta). Who doesn’t love pasta? Aziz is very open about his love for it–follow his Instagram if you love a bit of food porn.
4) Family man: He loves his family (see above, stories about his cousin Harris) and even cast his own parents in Master of None (plus, his brother, Aniz, worked as a writer on MoN too):
5) Tom Haverford on Parks & Recreation. Need I say more? If you haven’t enjoyed the pleasures of Parks & Recreation, might I suggest you drop everything else (those chores can always wait) and start watching it immediately? Start with season 2.
6) He’s stylish–GQ even wrote an article, “Aziz Ansari’s Master of None Is The Most Stylish Show You Should Be Watching” laying out the style essentials from the show.
Photo Credit: Mr.Porter