Man Crush Monday: Justin Hartley
One of our (and everyone else’s) favorite new shows this fall has been This is Us, and Justin Hartley’s performance as Kevin has been steadily and quietly pushing its way into our hearts. Justin began portraying Kevin as a typical actor with an ego and has slowly transformed him into a more multi-faceted man. Justin brings a quiet vulnerability and sweetness to the Pearson clan. Aside from being a talented member of This is Us, Justin Hartley has many other reasons why he’s our Man Crush Monday.
- Justin Hartley is Illinois born and raised so naturally as a fellow person from Illinois, this is reason enough to #MCM. It’s hard not to like a nice, good Midwestern man!
- He was a history and theater major in college. For some reason, that fact is just simply delightful.
- He has been/is a part of some legendary daytime soaps. Not only has he been Emmy-nominated for his turn as Adam Newman on the iconic soap, The Young and the Restless, Justin was also in my favorite soap, Passions. As Fox Crane, his onscreen romance with Theresa was one of the best on the show. Simply put, he is swoonworthy!
- Justin is a proud papa. He has an adorable 12-year old daughter from his first marriage (to former Passions costar, Lindsay Hartley). You can feel his pride for her when he talks about her interviews. Plus, how adorable is this?
- Not only is he experienced in front of the camera, he has also spent some time behind the camera. When he was Oliver Queen/Green Arrow on Smallville, Justin also wrote and directed two episodes making him a man of many talents!
Photo Credit: Ron Batzdorff/NBC